World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

VEB Polytechnik

Article Id: WHEBN0000937397
Reproduction Date:

Title: VEB Polytechnik  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Polyplay menu.png, Volkseigene Betriebe, Companies established in 1870, Volkseigener Betrieb, Electronics companies of Germany
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

VEB Polytechnik

VEB Polytechnik was a company from the German Democratic Republic, located in Chemnitz (then called Karl-Marx-Stadt). In the GDR it was mainly known for producing overhead projectors, called PolyLux.

The company was founded in 1870 as ReiƟzeugrichter and manufactured drawing table tools. In 1874 the founder Emil Oskar Richter invented the bow compass. After switching its focus to overhead projectors in the late 1960s, it was renamed to VEB Polytechnik. After the collapse of the GDR, the remains of VEB Polytechnik were rescued in a new company called Polytechnik Frankenberg GmbH. They produced overhead projectors and hand lever cutting machines. The new company was also closed in 2006.

VEB Polytechnik is also famous for creating Poly Play, the only arcade videogame to be made in German Democratic Republic.

External links

  • VEB Polytechnik at robotrontechnik.de (German)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.