Kiyevskaya (Filyovskaya)

Kiyevskaya

Moscow Metro station
Station statistics
Address Dorogomilovo District
Western Administrative Okrug
Moscow
Coordinates

55°44′36″N 37°33′55″E / 55.74333°N 37.56528°E / 55.74333; 37.56528

Line(s) Filyovskaya Line
Structure type Shallow column station, triple-span
Depth 8.7 metres (29 ft)
Levels 1
Platforms 1 island platform
Tracks 2
Parking No
Bicycle facilities No
Baggage check No
Other information
Opened March 20, 1937
Station code 057
Owned by Moskovsky Metropoliten
Traffic
Passengers (2002)95,411,000
Services


Preceding station   Moscow Metro   Following station
Filyovskaya Line
mibc
toward Kuntsevskaya
One-way operation
Koltsevaya Line
Transfer at: Kiyevskaya
One-way operation
Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line
Transfer at: Kiyevskaya
Location

Kiyevskaya (Russian: Киевская) is a station on the Filovskaya Line of the Moscow Metro (though it was originally part of the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line). It initially opened in 1937 and closed in 1953 when the new Kiyevskaya station, intended to replace it, was completed. Due to a change of plans, however, it reopened after only five years as part of the new Filyovskaya Line. The original architect was Dmitry Chechulin.

Kiyevskaya features tall, octagonal pillars topped with elaborate capitals. The pillars were originally faced with Armenian onyx, but this was replaced with yellowish Gazgan marble after ten years. The platform is intricately patterned with Ukrainian designs executed in red, white, and gray granite. The three rows of circular ceiling coffers originally housed incandescent light fixtures but these were abandoned in favor of the current three-bladed fluorescent lamps in the 1960s.

Between Kiyevskaya and Smolenskaya is the Smolensky Metro Bridge, which spans the Moskva River. The bridge was built in 1937 and was the first above-ground section of the Metro.


Transfers

From this station, passengers can transfer to Kiyevskaya on the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line and Kiyevskaya on the Koltsevaya Line.

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.