World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Fürstenfeldbruck (district)

Article Id: WHEBN0000286037
Reproduction Date:

Title: Fürstenfeldbruck (district)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Bavaria, Upper Bavaria, Kronach (district), Deggendorf (district), Kelheim (district)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Fürstenfeldbruck (district)

Fürstenfeldbruck is a district in Bavaria, Germany. It is bounded by (from the east and clockwise) the city of Munich and the districts of Munich, Starnberg, Landsberg, Aichach-Friedberg and Dachau.

History

In medieval times the region was a clerical state ruled by the abbey of Fürstenfeld. When the clerical states of Holy Empire were dissolved in 1803, the territory was annexed by Bavaria. The district of Fürstenfeldbruck was established in 1938.

Geography

The district is occupied by the western Munich metropolitan area. It has the highest population density of all Bavarian districts. More than 90 percent of the population live in the eastern half of the district, which includes the suburbs of Munich.

Coat of arms

Coat of arms
  • The red and white bar is from the family arms of Saint Bernard, who had been the founder of the Cistercian order (Fürstenfeld was a Cistercian monastery)
  • The crown is from the arms of the abbot Alexander Pellhammer
  • The bridge represents the city of Bruck (which was later merged with Fürstenfeld to form the city of Fürstenfeldbruck)

Towns and municipalities

Towns Municipalities
  1. Fürstenfeldbruck
  2. Germering
  3. Olching
  4. Puchheim
  1. Adelshofen
  2. Alling
  3. Althegnenberg
  4. Egenhofen
  5. Eichenau
  6. Emmering
  7. Grafrath
  8. Gröbenzell
  9. Hattenhofen
  10. Jesenwang
  1. Kottgeisering
  2. Landsberied
  3. Maisach
  4. Mammendorf
  5. Mittelstetten
  6. Moorenweis
  7. Oberschweinbach
  8. Schöngeising
  9. Türkenfeld

References

External links

  • Official website
  • Regional news platform for the Landkreis Fürstenfeldbruck

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.