World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Abbah Quşūr

Article Id: WHEBN0008560913
Reproduction Date:

Title: Abbah Quşūr  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Uzinaza, Auzia, Madauros, Altava, Thamusida
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Abbah Quşūr

Abbah Quşūr
Abbah Quşūr is located in Tunisia
Abbah Quşūr
Abbah Quşūr
Location in Tunisia
Coordinates:
Country Tunisia
Governorate Kef Governorate
Population (2004)
 • Total 6,350
Time zone CET (UTC1)

Abbah Quşūr (alternative spellings Abbah Qusur, Ebba Ksour) is a city in Tunisia.

It has approximately 6350 inhabitants and is part of the Kef Governorate. It is located at 625 meters above sea level, 225 kilometers southwest of Tunis.

Near the village known today as Medeïna, 9 km to the southwest, is the archaeological site of Althiburos an ancient numidian city, and former Roman town hall.

From 1941 on, it became a parish of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tunis. In 1943 it accommodated the American troops engaged in the combat on the African front during World War II.


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.